LICENSE & REGULATION CONSULTING SERVICES
Global Impact can answer the following questions for your firm:
- Will you need an export / import license and from whom in order to ship your products. Licenses are issued for individual transactions determined by the product, the country, the end-use and the end-user ?
- Are you aware of product standards, certification requirements, electricity regulations, packaging and recycling laws and quality expectations if you want to sell your product in foreign markets ?
- What issues could be related to contract clauses, intellectual property, legal disputes and anti-boycott laws ?
- When exporting from the US, what economic sanctions are in effect on specific countries based on US foreign policy and national security goals, which are set by the US Congress ?
- If a company exports a product at a price lower than the price it normally charges on its own home market, it could be said to be “dumping” the product. Opinions differ as to whether or not this is unfair competition, but many governments take action against dumping in order to defend their domestic industries.
- Do you need the new CE marking to export to the EU ?
The European Commission describes the CE marking (an acronym for the French phrase "Conformite Europeenne") as a "passport" that allows manufacturers to circulate industrial products freely within the internal market of the EU. The CE marking certifies that the products have met EU health, safety and environmental requirements that ensure consumer and workplace safety. All manufacturers in the EU and abroad must affix the CE marking to those products covered by the "New Approach" directives in order to market their products in Europe. Once a product receives the CE marking, it can be marketed throughout the EU without having to undergo further product modification.